Corporate Social Responsibility Commitment
As a corporate who put public well-being as its priorities, Mitratel always keep to put Corporate Social Responsbillty (CSR) as a part of its policies and advancement. We believe the importance of CSR as part of corporate performance, also public interest. We are fully commited to create a conducive business environment, by fully aware and care for our surrounding. we are determined to implement Tripple Bottom Line Principle (TBL), which emphasize succes are based on the balance of three aspects: People, Planet, Profit.
Purpose and Policy
The purpose of implementing Corporate’s Social and Environmental Responsibility is to build social balance through social development programs. Mitratel runs the CSR program with reference to legal and regulatory basis as its follow:
- UU no.40 of 2007 concerning Liability Companies (UUPT), in particular chapter V article 74 paragraph 1 “Companies that carry out their business in the field and/or related to natural resources are obligate dto carry out Social and Enviromental Responsibility”;
- Government Regulation no.47 of 2012 concerning Social and Enviromental Responsiblity of Limited Liability Companies. in implementing its corporate social responsibilty programs, Mitratel also refers to several specific Laws and Regulations, as willl be presentedin the discussion of related topics.
Due Diligent and Mitigation of Social, Enviromental, Economic
In order for the implemented programs to provide optimal benefits for stakeholder as well as for enviromental sustainabity and local social condition, Mitratel studies the social, economic, enviromental impact of its business activities comprehensively, and then undertakes relevant mitigation measures.
Important Stakeholders Affected By or Influencing Company’s Operation
Mitratel has carefully identified the main Stakeholder groups who receive or have a significant impact on business activities. The Company then manages interactions with Stakeholder as well as managing issues that develop from each stakeholder group. The main stakeholder groups identified by Mitratel are:
- The employees
- Locals / Community
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
CSR Management Policy
As telecommunications infrastructure company, Mitratel always tries to be close and in direct contact with the community. Therefore, Mitratel has high commitment to implement social reponsibilty prigram in sustainable manner. Carried out CSR activities reflect moral responbility towards strategic stakeholders, who will continue to prioritize humanitarian principles. The implementation of social and envromental awareness programs by Mitratel is guided by company regulations. Mitratel is also committed to complying with all enviromental laws an regualtions and implementing best practices whereever the company’s operational branches and sites are located.
The management of corporatee social responsibilty in its implementation pays attention to, among others:
- CSR program planning is in accordance with real needs of the surrounding community while taj=king the company’s capabilities into account.
- The company participates in maintaining a calm, safe, stable and conducive environment in the company’s business location.
- Ensure the success of the program by continuously maintaining and developing good relationships through coaching and socialization.
- Running the Partnership and Community Development Program as assigned by the government.
CSR Activity Planning
The planning of Mitratel CSR activities is carried out by taking into account suggestions and input from stakeholders, especially from the Company’s shareholders, as well as considering the conditions that are currently happening and affecting the social conditions around the company’s sites, so that the activities carried out can be directly felt by the community. In 2020, the Covid-19 pandemic that began to hit Indonesia since the beginning of March, proved to have a broad social impact on the lives of the wider community.
The Covid-19 pandemic also affected almost all economic sectors in Indonesia, and made the national economy enter a period of recession. Considering the extent of the impact of the pandemic on social life throughout Indonesia, the Company focuses on the implementation of its CSR Program in the form of social assistance, health assistance and the construction of educational facilities and infrastructure in the country. The assistance programs provided by Mitratel are a form of company solidarity in responding to the latest developments and conditions experienced by the community, especially the community around the site location.
CSR Program Implementation
CSR programs will focus more on providing social assistance and health assistance in order to prevent and cope with the impact of Covid-19. However, Mitratel also continues to implement disaster relief programs and education assistance programs, as regular CSR programs that have been implemented so far.